Thursday, April 4, 2013

Brushes and Rollers

I use foam 95% of the time. Rollers for the big sections, brushes for the corners and details.
I prefer the small one-inch, two-inch, and three-inch sizes (depending on the size of the piece of furniture) but they do come in larger sizes.
And I always get the variety pack of the cheapest foam brushes.
I tend to steer clear of bristle brushes because I don't like paint lines UNLESS I'm trying to hide several imperfections. Then I use them for the primer, and a roller with a higher pile. Like this acrylic one.
Sprayers are good for that no-line, seamless paint job and can cost about $120 and up.
 
However, they tend to need more set-up and cleaning so only consider it if you have several large jobs, all in the same color, to do. Otherwise, stick to foam brushes and rollers.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment for Sophisticated Junk Pile...

Pin It Button
Pin It button on image hover